Let's Talk about Sustainable Living!
Whether you're new to eco-friendly practices or looking to up your game, these tips on practicing sustainable habits and using eco-friendly products from brands we trust can help you get started.
The Basics: Reduce, Reuse, Renew
The foundation of sustainable living include;
- REDUCE by practice reducing consumption and usage of environmentally harmful materials and products.
- REUSE by finding ways to safely reuse materials and products as much as possible.
- RENEW - COMPOST helps reduce waste and creates a renewable resource for your gardens or lawns!
PRO TIP: You can also look into green energy plans offered by your local utility company!
Utilizing Composting Materials
Start a compost bin in your backyard or use a composting service like CompostNow. This helps reduce waste and creates nutrient-rich soil for your garden. There are many additional ways compost can be beneficial to the environment so check out their website to learn more about it!
Choose Reusable Products
Instead of using disposable products, choose reusable options. For example, use cloth towels or Wet Cloths instead of paper products, a refillable water bottle or Pirani tumbler instead of single-use plastic bottles and cups, use Bee’s Wrap instead of plastic wrap for food, and a reusable grocery bag instead of plastic bags (such as our Pirani Eco-Sack).
Bonus points! Use your reusable Pirani tumbler at coffee shops or juice/smoothie cafes and ask the barista to use your cup! You may be surprised how many places allow it + give discounts, and you can walk away feeling good about your ability to utilize reusable products and reduce waste as much as possible! In addition, it will keep your drinks the perfect temperature until your last sips, much better than a single use cup!
Support Sustainable Brands
Choose brands that prioritize sustainability;
- Kind Laundry offers laundry detergent sheets that are biodegradable and compostable.
- Bee's Wrap provides an eco-friendly alternative to plastic wrap.
- Wet Cloths offers reusable cleaning cloths that can be used again and again.
- Pirani provides insulated, reusable stainless steel tumblers so you can ditch single-use plastic cups forever!
- Raw Elements is a certified-natural, reef safe, environmentally kind sunscreen company developed by Brian Guadagno, a 25+ year Ocean Rescue Lifeguard.
- Stream 2 Sea is the only mineral based sunscreen on the planet that’s been tested and proven safe for freshwater fish, saltwater fish, and coral larvae, and has passed the stringent HEL Labs Protect Land + Sea certification.
Consider buying second-hand items instead of new ones. This reduces the demand for new products and keeps excess clothing out of landfills. You can find a lot of popular brands at local second-hand stores as well as online marketplaces!
Support Local Farmers
Buy food from local farmers who use sustainable farming practices. Do your own research to benefit off of your local farms! You might be surprised at what you find.
By incorporating these sustainable habits into your daily routine, you can help reduce your impact on the environment and promote a more sustainable future.